2018 – ongoing: Headquartered in Geneva, the World Economic Forum’s Centre for Nature & Climate progresses the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. They develop global multi-stakeholder partnerships to accelerate action, scale solutions, and support policy for a net-zero and nature-positive transformation. In partnership with Wasafiri Consulting, we provide strategy and implementation support to teams within the Centre, and across 26 multi-stakeholder partnerships and platforms around the world.
Using a range of consultative processes, we have developed and implemented foundational systems for defining, tracking, and communicating impact; established a centralised Impact Measurement Function, built capacity, and fostered a culture of inquiry among highly distributed teams; and co-designed shared values, strategies for change, and actionable roadmaps to create systems change.
As well as working with the Centre’s Global Secretariat, we work with in-country teams around the world in places like Ghana, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, and VietNam. This work includes co-design of global and local Theories of Change, and linked indicator development inclusive of measures to evaluate knowledge sharing, uptake, and use; and co-creating and implementing evaluations of progress toward partnership-based, gender inclusive solutions.
These partnerships include:
• Trillion Trees (1t.org) – Empowering communities to conserve, restore and grow trees
• Friends of Ocean Action (FOA) – Catalysing science-based action for a healthy and sustainable ocean
• Global Plastic Action Partnership (GPAP) – Engaging stakeholders to forge a future free from plastic
• Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) – Supercharging decarbonization in high-emitting sectors
• Nature Action Agenda (NAA) – Halting biodiversity loss and transition to a nature-positive economy
• Natural Climate Solutions Alliance (NCSA) – Unlocking finance for climate mitigation and resilience
• Scale360 ̊ – Fast-tracking Fourth Industrial Revolution impact in the circular economy
• Sustainable Development Investment Partnership (SDIP) – Promoting sustainable finance system
• Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA) – Reducing commodity-driven deforestation
• Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship – Advancing social innovation
• Platform for Accelerating the Circular Economy (PACE) – Accelerate global circular economy transition
• Global Battery Alliance – Creating a sustainable and responsible battery value chain
“Collaboration is proving a clear way for us to pool expertise, resources, and ambitions to address a common goal. Continuously learning from our experiences and demonstrating value are challenging to do, but essential to building better partnerships that affect greater change. Day Four Projects provides a clear, easy to follow path to understanding, strengthening, and communicating the value that partnerships create."